Saturday, June 12, 2010

That was a blast!

Back from the 4 hour street fair I did last night.....and it was dead. Only stayed for 3 of the 4 hours, but I did sell 26 pieces not to mention oodles of blank chokers/necklaces. Everyone was so wonderful and did a pretty good job of feeding my growing ego. I hate when that happens though because I know some absolutely horrible and necessary event will happen to straighten that out lol But everyone loved my stuff and those that actually paid enough attention to look at the prices were VERY pleased :) It's funny, of those that stopped, most just wanted to look and I had to point out the prices to them, nearly everyone one of those bought something.

Feel confident about the name I picked for my studio/shop, too as I had quite a few folks mention how much they liked it. All the purple went over really well! I want to make a song similar to "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson (I love that song!) because women love purple, don't we? I just hope at 70 I'm not wearing mismatched purple socks.

Am soo glad I made a variety, because that really helped. I'm sure what sells will be different each time but it really was a true variety of pieces being sold from my booth. I will say the swirled hearts did well, the small steampunk dragonfly and the corseted heart were huge hits and both did sell, there was one large coppery piece that sold that surprised me, this lady knew she wanted it and that was that lol

And the winner is.......Moe Taylor! I had a drawing for a necklace last night, it was one of the steampunk hearts and last night it was on display around the gracious neck of the owner of Il Vinaio, (thank you!) a wine bistro in downtown Mesa. I want to thank everyone who stopped by to see my stuff and entered the drawing and I hope to see you again in the future.

Here's to growing success! You can't see it but my coffee cup is raised ;P

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this piece; street fairs are so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog, I like your polymer work I'll go visit your etsy shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! You both have great blogs, they're fun and outgoing, and always have something to say, I love them both. That's something I am so going to be working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for following my blog, I love your work :) I've tried to go to your Facebook page but the link doesn't seem to work (I end up on my own home page!)
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much :) For everything lol I think it's fixed now!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete