Saturday, May 14, 2011

Color is what you make of it!

I love fall! Growing up in Indiana, that time of year was special for me. Most people adored going to Nashville in Brown County (where my high school was) to see the leaves change color. What I loved was the leaves falling to the ground, when there would be a crispness and a cleanness to the air and it was time for turtlenecks and flannel shirts. Denizens of the woods were ready for winter and everything was calm and quiet and still, you could even hear the leaves falling. 

And I do love the colors of fall. I don't know if I love them because of their association with the season or if it's just the warm, rustic tones of it, probably both huh? Take plain old orange and make it rustic and calm, coppery even, and it's such a gorgeous color. It's right around the corner, you know they'll be selling scarecrow and  fall colored silk arrangements in the stores in about a month, so here's to Fall and the orange found within! From my esteemed Polymer Cay Smooshers, here are some awesome pieces that fill the order.

 From ColtPixy is a gorgeous polymer clay bottle, the sheer size of Star's work is amazing to me, and the texture? Well you all know how I love texture and this faux cinnabar bottle rocks!
 From DanasJewelryEtc we have some more awesome awesome texture in this necklace and earring set, her polymer clay pieces are fabulous with their colors and textures but so beautiful combined with the dark green stones and cat's eye beads.
In The Forest Necklace


From Michelle at CreativeCritters, Falling Leaves earrings! Michelle has such a great shop with all her critters, but she makes some wonderful polymer clay jewelry, too!
Autumn Falling Leaves Handamde Polymer Clay earrings


Last but definitely not least, from  SassyClayCreations
, I do love this kitty, love, love, love it, but the clean and simple design of this polymer clay piece speaks to me as does the coppery color of it, and once again, you gotta love the texture, don't you?

The Polymer Clay Smooshers is an Artfire Guild that I belong to, it's full of wonderfully talented polymer clay artists and wonderful people, too!

10 comments:

  1. I love your picks! These pieces are all lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great items. Thanks for including my Copper Kitty Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both, they are great picks!

    Dori, for all that you do, such a small thing =) and I really do love the kitty kat ;P But I also love how cleanly executed it was done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each and every one of the pieces you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I love all of those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely choices, I love autumn colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some wonderful items! Thank you so much for including my earrings! I really love Dori's cat pendant- that's always been one of my favorites from her ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is tied for my favorite as well!! You made wonderful choices - I like the different hues of oranges! Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete