Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Setting a mood, is it the colors and textures?

Over time do you start to notice the things you love are similar in certain ways. Similar tones or hues, similar textures. I think from childhood we all start associating certain sounds, smells and even colors and textures to a setting or mood. I'm sure if we were hard pressed (and had awesome memories!) we could probably trace those leaning back to events in our lives. So then we tend toward objects that make us feel good, that somewhere inside us remind of something that felt good.

I spent a ton of time in the woods as a kid, I loved those darned woods, they were an escape maybe, solace. I know a lot of the things that I really love are earthy and organic in appearance and that makes sense tome. That seems strange since the polymer clay pieces I am making are not lol but it's true!

Oh but I also love a good historical romance! And they do know how to set a mood don't they? So you take some antiquey things, maybe something lacey, some warm colors, and voila, historical romance setting complete! I was going thru some of my fellow Polymer Clay Smooshers Artfire Studios recently looking for items to showcase for Christmas Gifts and found some things that struck me as romantic. The colors, the textures, to me, they feel romantic!


I try to add awesome color and texture to my own polyer clay work and I try to seek it out in my life as well, I hope you do the same!

 

 

11 comments:

  1. setting the mood is so important... great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been known to read a historical romance or two (or several) myself. Beautiful romantic selections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! I definately am attracted to certain colors all the time, my closet is a perfect example of that:) I love your choices and I especially love your work! Very textural and earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the choices you've made to accompany your post which is really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone. I look at your work and am amazed at the depth of your pieces. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Marlene! Long time no visit, been so busy trying to get Desertrubble.com up and going. I hope you are well! We've had a wonderful winter haven't we?

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete