Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Terra Firma Good

But that's just me! I like my dirt and I like it underfoot. But inspiration for polymer clay creations can come from everywhere and anything and what an inspiration one can find in the water, around the water, on the water. It's beautiful, I know it is, it's awe inspiringly beautiful. I even know folks who probably would have a hard time breathing if they were too far from a good body of water.

Luckily it takes all kinds to make this wonderful world interesting and I'd to show off a couple of pieces from my fellow Polymer Clay Smooshers that come from, were inspired by, or that just plain remind me of the ocean.

Who doesn't love seahorses, this gorgeous necklace comes from the lovely studio of Art Asylum

An almost steampunk scary mask from the wonderful studio of Bewitching Dreams
 
A gorgeous necklace from the charming studio of  Positively Charming Things
 

And last but not least, you all know I LOVE purple ;) and I love this shop (Desert Wind Designs), too, but this piece does remind me of the ocean, I don't know, why, can't put my finger on it, but it is such a nice piece I had to include it here. 

Thanks for looking and don't forget to look for inspiration where ever you can!

12 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree water is very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I DO love the water, and the items you chose to feature! And that mask is just so wild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ove your post. Hope I do as well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Btw, I prefer terra firma as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I especially love the sea horse necklace and the Paua shell piece. You picked some nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! Thank-you for including my necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always preferred the water to dry land, but I can definitely appreciate the beauty of terra firma too! ;)

    What a wonderful selection and thank you for including my Sea God mask!

    ReplyDelete